As you may know, the Club has possession of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) to possibly assist in any cardiac emergencies. In addition, many of the staff members have been trained in the use of the AED, Rescue Breathing, CPR and some other First Aid procedures.
The AED apparatus is located between the two restrooms within the Clubhouse.
In an attempt to ensure the quickest response time to get trained emergency assistance in the event of an emergency, we would like to offer the following:
- Ensure that the patient is in a safe and secure environment.
- Instruct other individuals to call the Golf Shop, and 911 if needed. Please remember, we have many homes on the golf course from where any emergency call can be made. Additionally, it is requested that if one has a cellular phone, the cellular phone is taken out on the golf course in the case of an emergency.
- We feel that in most cases, it would be more beneficial to keep the patient in the same location as where emergency occurs.
The main reasons being…
– Emergency assistance vehicles can get to the patient quicker.
– This would alleviate the possibility of missing the patient, should the patient be brought to the clubhouse while the emergency assistance is on the way to site where the emergency occurred.
Emergency Department phone numbers are as follows:
Food & Beverage…910.295.5732
Thank you for your attention to the aforementioned.