o an attempt to make it easier for physically handicapped individuals to access the course with a golf cart, the following policy has been adopted. Understanding that unrestricted golf cart traffic can adversely affect the condition of the course, this policy is designed to award the physically handicapped golfer with as much access as possible, while ensuring that damage to the course is minimized.
Members, who are eligible and interested in participating in the program, may contact the Club Manager. The program will begin in earnest on July 1st, 2001.
– Members in possession of a valid State Department of Motor Vehicles Handicapped Parking Placard are eligible for the program. The Handicapped Parking Placard must be issued to the specific member requesting access, and is for the respective members use only.
– Members who are eligible, and would like to participate in the program, must register with Club Management. Eligibility will be reviewed on an annual basis, or as needed, depending on the expiration date of the respective Handicapped Parking Placard.
– Registered eligible members who request access for a particular round, will be issued with a flag, which will be attached to the side of the cart occupied by the handicapped member.
– Flags can be obtained when the respective member registers for the particular round in the golf shop.
– Special access to the course applies to the handicapped member only, and not an ineligible partner who may be riding in the same cart.
– The Golf Course Access Policy applies to the Holly and the Magnolia golf courses only.
– Carts must remain on cart paths at all tee boxes at all times.
– Carts must remain on the cart path side of greens at all times.
– Carts are not allowed closer than fifty (50) feet to the edge of any green at any time.
– From time to time, there may be some holes where any access is denied.
– When carts are to remain on the cart path at all times, due to weather conditions, eligible handicapped members will be allowed to enter and exit the course at 90°, but the cart must remain in the rough on the cart-path side. However, there may be some instances, when due to weather conditions, carts are not permitted on the course at all.
– When carts are to remain on the cart path at all times, due to course maintenance reasons, eligible handicapped members will be allowed to enter and exit the course at 90°.
– Access for non-members will be handled on a case-by-case basis, using the same eligibility criteria.
I, _______________________________________ (Member # ___________) agree to abide by the program outlined above